10.29.2011

trunk/trick/treat?

Trick or Trunk or Treat

Is acceptance so much easier when you’re the funny guy, the fun to be around girl or the easy going couple? Does being like everyone else help others understand who you are? What you stand for? Where you’re coming from?
These questions are asked for Christians and non-Christians, for church -goers and non-church people.
Trick or Treat VS Trunk or Treat
Trick or Treat, people dress up like scary and non-scary characters, decorate their houses with cobwebs, skeletons and ghouls, and go door to door receiving candy. This day and age, very few people know the origin of trick or treat. So it is an act of fun and enjoyment.
Trunk or Treat, people dress up like non-scary and Biblical characters. They decorate their vehicles from a Biblical story or in a non-scary way. They distribute candy and a word from the Bible in hopes to reach the non-churched people.
All this is on church grounds, like the latter is from people’s homes.
Question…
Does the trick or treat group see that there is a difference in what they are involved in and what the church people are doing?
Does the trunk or treat group believe that dressing up, distributing candy and giving a Godly word, seem all that different? ………Did Jesus set up a table in the temple and distribute tracts for free, or give sermons alongside the money changers who sold oxen and sheep and doves?
In a child’s eyes, is there a difference?
Please, thoughts and opinions are welcome here> I ask that there be no profanity.
?
Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind

Is the key phrase here.......renewing your mind?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Life. Life goes on whether you jump on board or not. It's like a big ship, either you stay on deck, learn to swim, grab a life jacket or become fish food. I choose to grab the life jacket. If I jump on board, then I will want to follow the crowd from fear of being tossed overboard. If I learn to swim, eventually I'll become tired and start to sink to my death. AND no one wants to be fish food!! Let's face it, after being in the water a while, you'll become all soggy and start to smell. And who's going to hand you a life jacket then? That shark that's circling you waiting for you to take your last breath and sink. SO.....I choose the life jacket. I can't do it all myself and I need help and sometimes I'm not strong enough to do it (life) on my own. So I'm going to grab my life preserver and not let go!