10.25.2011

Where are you looking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0jpHtsSEQo&noredirect=1

When things don’t work out the way we plan or plans don’t work out at all, a sense of discouragement comes over us. The feelings of loneliness, depression, worthlessness start to surround and engulf. Often times we hide, trying to cover-up the fact that we have been disappointed and let down.
Ever experience an emotional drop in your countenance? One minute you’re sa...iling through the sky with the feeling of accomplishment or acceptance, then WHAM! You find yourself plummeting toward the ground in a fire ball of defeat. The lift under your wings was a gradual and steady climb, just to turn into a dead drop from above the clouds. You feel your lungs crushing from the pressure of the drop, gasping for air, you can’t breathe. Darkness has now surrounded you, you’re all alone.
Has this ever happened to you? Can’t shake off the darkness.
There is no cure for this, no five step recover and discover program to help. Unfortunately, our emotional roller coasters ebb and flow all through our lives. How we view peaks and valleys, how we handle highs and lows all depends on where our focus is.
What’s waiting for you in your dark tunnel of discouragement? A double cheeseburger? New sweater? A movie with extra-large popcorn and a diet soda? Maybe a couple of sleeping pills in hopes that when you wake all will look differently.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus. In the abyss of emotions and discouragement, Jesus offers light and comfort. No person or thing can give encouragement and hope like Jesus. Only Jesus can conquer the darkest most ominous days we encounter. After all, He did take upon Himself our most dark and evil deeds, our shameful lies and crippling ways.
Look full on his wonderful face. The things of this earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace. Look upon the Lord through the thick and thin. He is our light, hope and salvation in a world that seeks to devour and swallow us whole. Jesus is the light. Shine the light of Christ into your tunnel of darkness and live in His grace and glory. You will not be crushed or bogged down.
Discover a life of abundance and freedom.
John 8:12
Then Jesus said again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Life. Life goes on whether you jump on board or not. It's like a big ship, either you stay on deck, learn to swim, grab a life jacket or become fish food. I choose to grab the life jacket. If I jump on board, then I will want to follow the crowd from fear of being tossed overboard. If I learn to swim, eventually I'll become tired and start to sink to my death. AND no one wants to be fish food!! Let's face it, after being in the water a while, you'll become all soggy and start to smell. And who's going to hand you a life jacket then? That shark that's circling you waiting for you to take your last breath and sink. SO.....I choose the life jacket. I can't do it all myself and I need help and sometimes I'm not strong enough to do it (life) on my own. So I'm going to grab my life preserver and not let go!