11.13.2011

FOOD

Can you relate?
This week I want to talk about the roll FOOD plays in our lives. Day 1

FOOD

Let's face it, for most people the love of food is evident. Be honest. Here, this is what I'm trying to say...

When I woke up at 2 am from my Ibuprofen pm coma, my first thought was 'What's to eat?'.
Not, Man do I gotta pee!, or the piercing pain going through my right shoulder from the awkward position I slept in. It was food. The fridge.
Going through the contents of the fridge in my mind as I made my way downstairs. Milk. Definitely milk. . Cake........yeah. Double chocolate layered cake with fudge icing and a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream. Yup......nope. I didn't make cake. Shucks.
When I get downstairs I realize everything I want with my milk, I can't have. Cake, chocolate silk pie, Big Mac, Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts. Honestly, if it wasn't 2 am, I might have driven through a drive-thru somewhere.

Wake up odd hours in the night, alone. I'm hungry. So I mozie to the kitchen and open the fridge. I stare. And stare and stare and stare. Nothing. So I get the carton of milk out and pour a glass. But I don't put the milk back. Might need more. No sense in overexerting myself this early in the morning.
I start off with a couple Oreo's, which triggers the need to counter act the sugar with something salty. Chips. Chips and dip. More milk. Aha! There's chicken. Shove a piece in my mouth. Cold is ok, it's cooked.
I'm on a roll now.
Maybe a chicken sandwich. Get out the bread. Behind the bread is a can of mixed nuts, pop in a hand full.Where was I....mayo and the chicken. Some cranberry sauce on that would hit the spot. (another Oreo down the hatch.) Pour more milk to wash away the Oreo so I can taste the chicken sandwich. More mayo. Chicken sandwich , chips and dip with milk.
Now that's satisfying.
What a mess. As I clean up, another handful of nuts, fresh glass with Kool-Aid. ( I notice the milk is almost gone..........ooops,).
Kitchen's clean, I'm full and it's 2:17 am. It only took 17 minutes to consume a whole days worth of calories! Sheesh. Well, back to bed to sleep off this food coma.
When my alarm goes off at 5ish am, I feel like a beached whale! Put myself on the scale .........I've gained six pounds. Overnight! Seventeen minutes of food and I'm a cow! Well, I did eat like I had six stomachs last night.
Today, I'm buying lettuce!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Life. Life goes on whether you jump on board or not. It's like a big ship, either you stay on deck, learn to swim, grab a life jacket or become fish food. I choose to grab the life jacket. If I jump on board, then I will want to follow the crowd from fear of being tossed overboard. If I learn to swim, eventually I'll become tired and start to sink to my death. AND no one wants to be fish food!! Let's face it, after being in the water a while, you'll become all soggy and start to smell. And who's going to hand you a life jacket then? That shark that's circling you waiting for you to take your last breath and sink. SO.....I choose the life jacket. I can't do it all myself and I need help and sometimes I'm not strong enough to do it (life) on my own. So I'm going to grab my life preserver and not let go!